Khadra captures Turambo's guttural feelings for his surroundings - whether they are in the ring entertaining Europeans or in the brothel. Her descriptions leap from the page and engage the reader. A good look at colonial Algeria from the perspective of an Arab-Berber.
- The Child by Fiona Barton
- The Space Between the Stars by Anne Corlett
- Brandywine: A Military History of the Battle that Lost Philadelphia but Saved America by Michael C. Harris
- If I Understood You, Would I Have This Look on My Face? by Alan Alda
- A New Hope: The Princess, the Scoundrel, and the Farm Boy by Alexandra Bracken