Murphy perfectly captures Crane's predicament of trying to survive in some of the most brutal terrain and weather on the planet. Crane was blessed with a perseverance that many people do not have and also by a series of fortunate events. This book is an epic story of one man's will to survive in a harsh environment.
- The Child by Fiona Barton
- The Space Between the Stars by Anne Corlett
- Brandywine: A Military History of the Battle that Lost Philadelphia but Saved America by Michael C. Harris
- If I Understood You, Would I Have This Look on My Face? by Alan Alda
- A New Hope: The Princess, the Scoundrel, and the Farm Boy by Alexandra Bracken