Almost every angle imaginable on the Civil War has been studied and yet authors continue to bring forth different perspectives. This is the case with Justin Martin’s A Fierce Glory. I have read many accounts of the Battle of Antietam – most focus solely on either side or give a balanced view of the battle. Martin gives a balanced account of the battle, but he adds a new element by looking at Abraham Lincoln during the battle. Lincoln was waiting to hear about the results of...
- A Fierce Glory: Antietam-The Desperate Battle That Saved Lincoln and Doomed Slavery by Justin Martin
- September Mourn: The Dunker Church of Antietam Battlefield by Alann Schmidt and Terry Barkley
- A Tiger among Us by Bennie G. Adkins and Katie Lamar Jackson
- Ahab’s Return by Jeffrey Ford
- The Murderbot Diaries by Martha Wells