The book is a fascinating look at urban planning (or lack thereof in some respects) from the eighteenth to the twentieth centuries in America's largest city - New York City. Koeppel goes into great detail on the origins of New York City's grid network, including looking at the three men that had such an impact on the plan that was used to form the grid.
- A Fierce Glory: Antietam-The Desperate Battle That Saved Lincoln and Doomed Slavery by Justin Martin
- September Mourn: The Dunker Church of Antietam Battlefield by Alann Schmidt and Terry Barkley
- A Tiger among Us by Bennie G. Adkins and Katie Lamar Jackson
- Ahab’s Return by Jeffrey Ford
- The Murderbot Diaries by Martha Wells