But here's the thing. If you are a literate and humane person, you soon begin to enjoy Jacobs admittedly oblique, discursive and conversational approach. You give up the need for a overly simplified 12-step program with handy lists and catchy acronyms. You appreciate the engaging conversation with a smart friend at a comfortable coffee shop instead of the lecture slash TV special.
- A Fierce Glory: Antietam-The Desperate Battle That Saved Lincoln and Doomed Slavery by Justin Martin
- September Mourn: The Dunker Church of Antietam Battlefield by Alann Schmidt and Terry Barkley
- A Tiger among Us by Bennie G. Adkins and Katie Lamar Jackson
- Ahab’s Return by Jeffrey Ford
- The Murderbot Diaries by Martha Wells