It turned out to be a simple but engaging story about a boy struggling with his heritage and how to fit in but also a short history of the life of Crazy Horse. It is basically a history lesson on Crazy Horse based on the oral history of his people but in the form of a story told by a grandfather on a road trip with his grandson. The fitting in part is just a hook to get the story started.
- The Space Between the Stars by Anne Corlett
- Brandywine: A Military History of the Battle that Lost Philadelphia but Saved America by Michael C. Harris
- If I Understood You, Would I Have This Look on My Face? by Alan Alda
- A New Hope: The Princess, the Scoundrel, and the Farm Boy by Alexandra Bracken
- The Life-Changing Magic of Not Giving a F*ck by Sarah Knight