The somewhat crude and hormonal attitude of the lead character is off-putting no matter how accurate or realistic. But it is nevertheless a creative and engaging story that tackles some difficult subject with insight and compassion (with the added creativity of the diary format and illustrations).
- The Space Between the Stars by Anne Corlett
- Brandywine: A Military History of the Battle that Lost Philadelphia but Saved America by Michael C. Harris
- If I Understood You, Would I Have This Look on My Face? by Alan Alda
- A New Hope: The Princess, the Scoundrel, and the Farm Boy by Alexandra Bracken
- The Life-Changing Magic of Not Giving a F*ck by Sarah Knight