In Countdown to Pearl Harbor Steve Twomey revisits the reasons why the Americans were so caught off-guard by the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. Still to this day it astounds me at the incompetence and arrogance of America’s leaders as Japan prepared for war against the United States. Twomey does a masterful job of bringing this incompetence and arrogance into blindingly bright light. He uses countless examples of the lackadaisical attitude of officers at Pearl Harbor that led to the...
- The Child by Fiona Barton
- The Space Between the Stars by Anne Corlett
- Brandywine: A Military History of the Battle that Lost Philadelphia but Saved America by Michael C. Harris
- If I Understood You, Would I Have This Look on My Face? by Alan Alda
- A New Hope: The Princess, the Scoundrel, and the Farm Boy by Alexandra Bracken