Picked up The Real American Dream: A Meditation on Hope at Half Price Books awhile ago as I had heard good things about it. It turned out to be an interesting short work on the larger trends of American history – from Faith in God to Faith in Democracy to Faith In Self. I read it in June and it would have been the perfect review to post around the Fourth of July Weekend but as you can plainly see I am way, way past that kind of thematic and timely scheduling. It is an enjoyable...
- A Fierce Glory: Antietam-The Desperate Battle That Saved Lincoln and Doomed Slavery by Justin Martin
- September Mourn: The Dunker Church of Antietam Battlefield by Alann Schmidt and Terry Barkley
- A Tiger among Us by Bennie G. Adkins and Katie Lamar Jackson
- Ahab’s Return by Jeffrey Ford
- The Murderbot Diaries by Martha Wells